Parlé Francais?

Hello Everybody! This is Jessie Brugger writing, graduate from the New York Academy of Art on a residency in France. Right now, I'm in the city of dancing girls, big cathedrals and their stained glass windows, haute couture thanks to the "Sun King" Louis 14th, incredible bread and cheese, protesters, the late Victor Hugo (one of my favorite writers), the famous Moulin Rouge, Coco Chanel, Tour de France, cyclists, the gardens of Monet and, of course, the ever-so-incredible Louvre. That's just a short list of the Ever-So-Incredible-Paris!

My posts, written while I am in residence at the Terra Foundation in Giverny, will be about thoughts, ideas and the trip I am on and the art being made. I have been in Paris four days now taking in the culture and sketching ideas that I will work on during the residency. One of the most amazing places I have been so far is the house of Gustave Moreau. What a prolific artist!!! Looking at his paintings, I thought of how contemporary they looked. Its a four-story house filled from floor to ceiling with beautiful, exciting, intense images that I could look at forever. Just as I was about to leave, I saw a man reach behind a curtain and expose hundreds of drawings that you can sit down and go through. Moreau knew his anatomy! He did many sketches of plants, animals and human anatomy. It was an inspiring visit. I look forward to keeping a discussion with all artists and everyone about art, philosophy, writing and life forever. I am honored to be here and I owe it to my class to make the best out of this trip as I can. Please write any comments you have or ideas you want to share. I would love it. Thank you all for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment