March Madness

 
There is so much to learn, see, and create at the Academy that sometimes I experience FOMO (fear of missing out). During Armory Arts Week in early March, this feeling of "so much to do so little time" is heightened with an influx of art in the city and endless booths to maneuver through. It’s all very daunting--but I love it of course!

Catherine Howe's class critiquing each other in the Cast Hall:





Sue Williams lecture:


 


John Alexander lecture:
 






Judith Linhares lunchtime lecture:






 





Faculty showing the Armory! Vincent Desiderio's painting with a Santiago Calatrava sculpture. I'm crossing my fingers that I get into his painting class next semester.



Cecily Brown 


A little Morandi gem.
Art fairs can be exhausting - I love Tucker Robbins' art furniture for viewers to rest on.


First time seeing a Philip Pearlstein in person


Lucian Freud etching






Francis Bacon



Volta NY


I'll leave you with yet another self portrait...

Madeleine Hines will be blogging here throughout the academic year about her first year at the Academy and moving to New York City. Check the label "First Year Experience" or "Madeleine Hines" for more posts about her first year at the Academy.

1 comment:

  1. This is such an interesting exhibition. How I wish I could attend something like this soon.

    ReplyDelete